September 28, 2015
When your Turbo Regal starts leaking oil from the oil filter area, chances are it is the o-ring between the block and the cooler. After 25 years these will be quite perished and no seal lasts forever.
To complete this job, you will need:
- Remove the oil filter.
- Using the 1 1/8″ deep well socket, loosen the nut that holds the oil cooler to the block
- Use a pick to remove the o-ring. Make sure the old remnants are completely gone.
- Lube the new o-ring with oil and put it in place
- Tighten the nut in place but do not over-tighten! The spec is 18 ft/lbs.
- Reinstall the filter and start the car, checking for leaks.